The words I got were Glenn Danzig, Cthulhu, tentacles, albinism and monks.
1. Glenn Danzig: This interest mainly sprang up because I’ve always loved the Misfits so damn much! But I started getting into Danzig’s post-Misfits music a little later on and liked that very much too.
2. Cthulhu: Lovecraft was something I put off reading for a long time, which is weird considering I’m pretty darn gothic – but through the influence of the wonderful trollwinter I finally started reading Lovecraft seriously and my love of Cthulhu was sparked. And I am now obsessed with more than “The Call of Cthulhu” as far as the stories are concerned. “The Case of Charles Dexter Ward” is eating my brain at the moment! <3
3. Tentacles: Partially related to the Cthulhu question above, but for personal reasons I don’t feel ready to go into yet there’s other connections too. I will say, however, they used to scare me but now I think they are beautiful.
4. Albinism: I’ve always found people with albinism attractive; I think it started when I was a kid and saw pictures of Johnny and Edgar Winter and thought they had the most glorious hair.
5. Monks: Kind of related to #4, as you know that I write slash about Silas the albino monk in The Da Vinci Code. But I must admit that I’m fascinated by stories about people with very intense religious motivations for doing whatever they do.